Friday, August 14, 2015

The bloody truth



The woman running in the above photo is Kiran Ghandi, a Harvard Business School graduate who made news this week when she revealed that she ran in the London Marathon without a tampon. Char Adams reports at People,
"I ran the whole marathon with my period blood running down my legs," the 26-year-old wrote of the April race on her website.

Gandhi, a Harvard Business School graduate, wrote that she got her period the night before the big race and thought that a tampon would be uncomfortable while she ran. But that isn't the only reason she decided to let it flow.



"I ran with blood dripping down my legs for sisters who don't have access to tampons and sisters who, despite cramping and pain, hide it away and pretend like it doesn't exist."
Read more here.

Mark Steyn asks,
Can we nominate her? Or at least get her to run around the room during Erick Erickson's next conference?
Read more here.

No comments: