Saturday, August 22, 2015

Attacking your own

Brent Parrish writes at The Right Planet,
This is what I think appeals to a lot of people about Don Trump. Love him or hate him, he doesn’t mince words. Why so many in the GOP have failed to throw back the politically correct garbage thrown at them is a mystery to me.

I have my questions about Donald Trump. Of course, I have my issues, to a greater or lesser extent, with all the GOP candidates. But I think it is a real big mistake for the Republican Consultant Industrial Complex to start insulting voters and members of the base because they happen to like some of the things Trump is saying.

When I became politically active several years ago, I was rather naive in certain ways. I thought the RNC and GOP leaders would be thrilled that a grassroots movement like the TEA Party, and other liberty-minded individuals, would start to organize and take an active roll in the political process. Boy was I wrong! Instead of embracing the movement, some GOP leaders started to deride TEA Partiers, et al.—for example, John McCain, who once called TEA Partiers “wacko birds” and “hobbits.” It infuriated me at the time—and still does.

Any group of individuals is going to have its share of “undesirables.” No political group, whether on the right or the left, can boast that all of its members are pure as the wind-driven snow, or are paragons of virtue and intellect. We all have feet made of clay. That’s just a fact. What really angers me is when I see the ruling political class on my side of the aisle disparage and malign its own voters. How in the hell are you going to attract new voters and converts when you’re engaging in attacking your own? -

...One of my favorite quotes comes from the late, great scientist extraordinaire, Richard Feynman, who once said, “Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.” I think Feynman’s excellent admonition applies to all the professional political “experts” as well. Beware of so-called “experts.” I think the polls are showing that there are a lot people out there who are fed-up with career politicians and the self-anointed political pundits of the mainstream press. All the leading GOP presidential candidates are the ones with the least amount of political experience. I think people want some want some new blood, instead of the regurgitated right-left bile that spews forth from the eastern establishment.
Read more here.

No comments: