Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Where have all my Yard Signs Gone?

Guest post
By Curt Dale

A couple of serious questions! Are Democrats largely just inherently thieves, grifters, liars, scammers, nere-do-wells, and rioters, all without any regard for the rights of others? Where have all my Yard Signs gone? Due to damaged knees, I really can’t knock doors for my candidates and pass out handbills. So, my effort in political campaigns has been to obtain and give out political care window stickers and put out yard signs, particularly at key intersections in Parker Colorado. Am I being petty? Not at all! It’s a reflection of the lowdown ethic of the Democrat Party. I will justify my reason for concluding that.

I put out dozens of signs for Cory Gardner for Senate, Bob Beauprez for Governor, Chris Holbert, David Weaver, Tony Spurlock and other Republicans. They got jerked up by some larcenous Democrat and wee replaced by Guv Hookinlipper and Sen. Uterus signs at intersection after intersection. In some cases, mine were just jerked up and taken. No, it wasn’t the wind that blew them away and it wasn’t Republicans getting them to install in their own yards. I think I can lay down the accusation that they were stolen and deep-sixed by Democrats to make it look like nobody is interested in Gardner and suggest that The Dems are so popular in Douglas County. Fat chance!

Am I saying that all Democrats are that dishonest and want to shut down my freedom of speech? Well, I don’t know that I want to defend my position on that, one way or the other. The fact remains that somebody cleaned out the GOP signs for key races, and nobody has cleaned out the Dem ones. So, I I’m just say that Democrats are responsible for stealing my signs, and nobody seems to be stealing theirs. Just calling it like it is!

It’s not so much about the value of the signs, really! Or is it? Good Republican people contributed their hard earned money to buy those signs. So, every one stolen robs some Republican of the money they contributed to purchase them since the sign can’t do the job it was purchased to do. It’s definitely about the incredible disregard for my freedom of speech and expression of my political views. They want to take away my 2nd Amendment rights and have been successful to a degree in doing that. Certainly they are now taking away my freedom of speech. That started with Obama as he was elected, even before he was inaugurated. I was writing op eds for over 20 different newspapers weekly until October of 2007, and suddenly, I found myself persona non grata in the newspapers of 3 separate publishers across Colorado and across the country. Ultimately, one admitted that they’d gotten “the word” that if they wanted to remain solvent, they would have to stop publishing things critical of Obama’s administration as it came into power. ZAP! My freedom of speech was shot, and Freedom of the Press was clearly no longer a fact.

Now, these petty little Democrat thieves are methodically even stealing what I work hard to erect in support of my candidates. Am I supposed to tread softly in making such accusations? Well, if I’m supposed to walk softy and just accept impositions on my freedoms, then I won’t do what I’m supposed to do. Democrats seem to be thieves if they are in office, and their supporters as also thieves. That’s how I have to look at it. I take these “thefts” very personally on several fronts. They rob me of my time, my effort as a person with a walking disability, and rob me of my freedom of speech. And don’t come back at me and say, “Well, it happens on both sides!” If that’s the case, why is my town of Parker plastered with the Democrat signs and devoid of Republican signs? At least here, Democrats steal them. I don’t figure there are any other political parties out there stealing them. Purely a matter of deduction and logic! They steal! Oh, they don’t? How many Republicans do you figure were looting the stores in Ferguson, MO, a few weeks back? Not very likely! Obama sent Holder from the DOJ to ostensibly settle down the Obama Supporters who were tearing up the sheets there. Anytime the Democrat supporters get irritated, the first response seems to be looting. Oh, they’ll chant, march, threaten, cry and such, but the operative thing happening is getting more free stuff for nothing, cleaning off the shelves of the stores they raid. Looting is the same as stealing, but somewhat more violence is involved in looting in most cases.

So, in the future, I don’t think I’ll even bother with yard signs, except in my own lawn. I will keep them well in sight of the front windows and keep it well lit all night—hoping to discourage sneaking Democrats from stealing them right out of my yard. I will concentrate on influencing people to put stickers in their cars. Are they tacky? Maybe so, but they are my freedom of speech. Politics is a nasty thing to be involved in, but I don’t try to raise myself above it. I stay right in the middle of the mess as much as I can. Therefore, I am well informed. It bothers me when supposedly highly intelligent citizens tell me they really don’t know what is going on, who is running and what the issues are. That is intentional blindness to what is going on about us.

Anyway, I have some 11 political stickers on my van. It is a moving billboard for my candidates. Do I worry about somebody bashing or keying my car? Not one whit! If they do, I’ll wear it as a badge of honor. Thus far, I’ve only gotten good feedback and people asking me for signs.

So, where are my yard signs? Probably thrown over some hill, in some dumpster or in a ditch, put there by a cowardly Democrat!

Colonel Curtis D. Dale, PhD, USAF (Ret)

No comments: